A steamed vegetarian paella… what does it look like?
Like a delicious paella … without meat or seafood, just good steamed vegetables with spices!
Ingredients for 6 persons
– 2 sliced onions
– 4 handfuls of green beans (fresh or frozen depending on the season)
– 400 g. crushed tomatoes in can (or fresh tomatoes depending on the season)
– 4 handfuls of peas (fresh or frozen depending on the season)
– 2 peppers (red and/or green)
– 500 g. rice
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 doses of saffron powder
– 1 teaspoon turmeric
– 2 garlic cloves
– 3 tablespoons umebosis (or soy sauce)
– 1 lemon juice
– sliced mushrooms (optional)
Use the following steps in the order proposed to optimize cooking times, use of cooking utensils and use of ingredients …
– First step –
Cook the thinly sliced onions until they become translucent (without fat if you have suitable cooking utensils).
Steam the beans for 10 minutes and cut into small pieces.
Steam the tomatoes for 10 minutes.
Steam the peas for 8 minutes.
Steam the peppers for 7 minutes.
You should of course steam them together by staggering the entry of the vegetables according to their cooking time.
Put steamed vegetables aside.
– 2nd step –
Steam the rice for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, pour olive oil into a pan and add saffron and turmeric. Slightly heat the oil.
Add the minced garlic, the peppers cut into small pieces and the onions.
Stir. Place the frying pan out of the fire.
Add the peas, beans and umebosis to the pan and stir again.
Add the tomatoes and stir once more.
Heat slightly for 5 minutes.
– Third step –
When the rice is ready, add it to the vegetables and stir.
Let the rice soak in the sauce for a few minutes, out of the fire.
Add sliced few mushrooms before serving.
Taste your steamed vegetarian paëlla and share your comments!