A homemade laundry detergent that protects our health and our environment!
Clothes always whiter than white, with a good odor persisting in time…
OK, but what’s the price for the environment, and for our health?
The ingredients of chemical laundry detergent are not always biodegradable,
They have toxic effects and allergens not negligible and so… not to neglect!!
Ingredients for this homemade laundry detergent:
Black soap, baking soda, white vinegar, crystals of soda, water, an essential oil…
And clothes are clean and smell good!
Here is the composition of the homemade laundry detergent that I use…
– 100 g. black soap paste
– 50 g. baking soda
– 0,5 l. white vinegar
– 25 g. crystals of soda
– 0,5 l. warm water
– 0,5 l. cold water
– 6 drops of essential oil (tea tree, lemon, sweet orange, lavender, mint…)
Preparation for this homemade laundry detergent:
- Warm 0.5 l. of water.
- Mix the black soap with half of the lukewarm water. Add the baking soda.
- In another container, mix the soda crystals with the other half of warm water and add them to the previous mixture when the crystals have melted.
- When the mixture is cold, pour it into an old laundry bottle using a large funnel.
To make the mixture homogeneous, shake the bottle (possible at this stage because white vinegar is not yet in the bottle, do not shake when you have just put the white vinegar inside).
- Add 0.5 l. cold water directly into the bottle and shake again to mix, then leave the bottle open.
- Gradually add the white vinegar (the mixture of baking soda and white vinegar releases a gas and can overflow) and leave the bottle open for a few moments to let the gas escape.
- Add a few drops of essential oil, ready!
Use a cap capacity for each laundry!
You can put a tennis or golf ball in the middle of the linen so that the brewing of linen is even better!
And for softener: white vinegar or a mixture of water, white vinegar, and a few drops of essential oil.