Home-made Easter eggs, organic and filled with good stuff!
A small hazelnut inside for a crunchy chocolate… a raw home-made recipe!
Tasty raw food!
Ingredients for 30 small home-made Easter eggs, gluten-free, egg-free, milk-free, lactose-free
Home-made Easter eggs coating:
– 8 tablespoons liquid coconut oil (heated slightly on a water bath, on a radiator or dehydrator)
– 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
– 10 tablespoons maple syrup, or agave syrup
Home-made Easter eggs topping:
– 120 g. pitted dates (1 cup, between 16 and 18 dates), to rehydrate (soak in 3/4 cup water 1 hour before recipe if possible)
– 2/3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
– 90 g. hazelnut puree
– soaking water (3/4 cup or 185 ml.)
– vanilla powder
– 1 hazelnut inside each egg
Kitchen utensil used : Blender
Heat the mixture of ingredients (coconut oil, maple syrup and cocoa powder) in a bain-marie to make it liquid and homogeneous.
In an oiled dish or covered with parchment paper, make 30 small flat circles on which the eggs will lay, put it in the fridge during the time of the end of the recipe.
The rest of the preparation will serve for chocolate coating at the end of the recipe.
Put in the blender the following ingredients: water (some of the water soaking dates), drained dates, cocoa powder, hazelnut puree, and vanilla powder. Mix several times to obtain a velvety mixture, without chips and as less liquid as possible.
Take a hazelnut and wrap it in coating. You can sprinkle powdered hazelnuts or even roll the chocolate into it.
Place the ball obtained on a chocolate circle and wrap it in coating.
Depending on our manual skills, these chocolates may look like eggs, rocks or other!
Place the eggs in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
These chocolates are also delicious when switched to the freezer before tasting.
What about you? How do you make your home-made chocolates?
Share your tips in the comments!